Camp Hualapai (1869-1873) was first known as Camp Toll Gate. This post was established in May, 1869, just southeast of Aztec Pass on William H. Hardy’s toll road between Prescott and Hardyville (which eventually developed into Bullhead City.)
In 1870, it was taken over by the military to protect the road from Indian attacks, but the troops abandoned the camp in 1873. A small settlement that grew up around the camp became known as Juniper.
Today there are just a very few remnants and a small cemetery, but both are located on private property. The site is located on Walnut Creek Road north of Prescott, Arizona.